Chartered Accountants

Do I need a CA ANZ Certificate of Public Practice (CPP)?

Step through these questions and by answering Yes or No, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) will provide you with an indication as to whether you need a CPP*.

You can repeat this questionnaire as many times as you wish for any number of potential scenarios.

If you undertake professional activities via separate roles in different practices, be aware of the different 'hats' you wear each time you complete this tool.

For example, perhaps you work as an employee in public practice and also plan to undertake tax services as a registered BAS agent in your own time. By completing this web tool twice, once as an employee in public practice, and then in your own right as a sole practitioner, you'll have a conclusive answer in each case.

You do not need to make a note of your responses as you can print a summary page at the end of the questions.


CA ANZ does not issue CPPs to provisional members, affiliate members, Accounting Technicians or Associate Chartered Accountants.

This tool is intended to provide general information and is not intended to provide or substitute legal or professional advice on a specific matter. Laws, practices and regulations may change and you should make your own enquiries as to your own obligations. the fullest extent permitted by law, CA ANZ is not liable for any statement contained in this tool and disclaims all warranties with regard to the information contained in it. CA ANZ is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of any kind, or loss of profit or indirect costs, arising out of or in connection with the use of this tool.

Conclusion page

When you complete this tool you can print or scan your response and conclusion page